Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Second opinion] I have a Mappins & Webb Sheffield London tea…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a Mappins & Webb Sheffield London tea caddy It is marked W3124 What year would it have been produced any value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Supposedly came over with my mom in 1913 from London

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Just like to know how old it is and any value

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Can you send photos of the tea caddy and the marks on the bottom? The style of these helps give a date range for the piece. The number you have given is a pattern/item number which is buried in the old company files of Mappin and Webb that we do not have access to. It does not help identify the age/date.

Mappin and Webb goods span over 240 years.

Please send photos of the tea caddy.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Kind regards,
Doris