Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am looking at a Flower Madonna with Child that has blue W…

Customer Question
I am looking at...

I am looking at a Flower Madonna with Child that has blue W Germany stamp but has the original paper label on the front. Can you give an estimate on the age or time period as I have not seen a paper label on any others.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It does have the closed halo. Another seller had posted that the closed halo started around 1956 when they changed the mold. The open halo was pre 1956. However this particular one I'm asking about with a paper label does have appropriate amount of crazing.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/9/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.