Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Stoneware bottles sourced from deserted site Maranboy Tin

Customer Question

Stoneware bottles sourced from deserted site Maranboy Tin mine in early 1950. Thought to be used by Chinese miners, contained gin.. Stand 18cm,coloured brown to sand
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Re gin bottles. Live in the country, visit Sydney occasionally so appraiser not readily available. Found these when exploring mine workings in 1952. They were buried in pile of dirt beside an old shaft.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: What sort of other things should I know.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified apprasier and would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of the bottles please for review? aI would like to see the overall bottle, side , bottom and the measurements. This will help me be able too give you an accurate value and information on them. Thank you for your help To post here click on the file upload , add files or paperclip button and follow the prompts. You may also email photos to***@******.*** and in the email please put "forCustomerquot; I look forward to seeing these and helping you

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 24 days ago.

Hi I wanted to cheek in and see if you had had a chance to post photos for review. Please post a few photos of the bottles please for review? aI would like to see the overall bottle, side , bottom and the measurements. This will help me be able too give you an accurate value and information on them. Thank you for your help To post here click on the file upload , add files or paperclip button and follow the prompts. You may also email photos to***@******.*** and in the email please put "forCustomerquot; I look forward to seeing these and helping you