Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a fine art painting, on silk of grasses and moon,

Customer Question
I have a fine...

I have a fine art painting, on silk of grasses and moon, painted by Hashimoto Kansetsu that I would like to sell. How do I get the best price; and, are you interested in buying it?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The label on the back reads, Gift of Robert T. Paine, Jr. Copyright 1996 Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. It is framed very nicely. It was a gift to my father-in-law (when in charge of a major corporations main product) from a happy employee.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of. Maybe?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/8/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora