Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am inquiring about actually two items value. The first is

Customer Question

I am inquiring about actually two items value. The first is a Japanese black bar hand carved from the 1950s which opens front top corner sides and sides w hand carved figures on all doors.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Also the second item is a hand carved coffee table Japanese from 1950s brown wood w hand carved figurines and glass top.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Both in good condition
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos and sizes in inches.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just paid $49 for a response you just advertised now you want $34 more. Is this a scam
Expert:  Doris replied 1 month ago.

I did not charge your card. I do not work for the site.

I did not send the pop up ad for a phone call.

If you wish me to proceed, please contact customer services and then get back to me once you are satisfied.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 month ago.

********************
I do not normally participate in the extra charge phone call services. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send the pop-up ad/offer.

********************

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What time frame should I expect an answer from you or answer.com and it will be sent by email
Expert:  Doris replied 1 month ago.

I need the requested photos and sizes before I can begin to answer. My answers are not immediate. This is not a chat room.

The ansers will be sent as a response in this format.

Have you contacted customer service? Are you satisfied with the charges?