Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a small mahogany rocking chair well over 100 years…

Customer Question
I have a small mahogany...
I have a small mahogany rocking chair well over 100 years old. Lovely finished curved arms and curved back at the top. Back has beautiful cut work which reminds me of a stringed instrument. Have any idea of its worth?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/8/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 11 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please attach a few photos of the chair for review one overall shot, a clear close up of any markings on the chair or names and a a photo of the corners to see the joints. I appreciate your help and these will help in giving you accurate information and value. To post here click on file upload , add files or the paperclip button and follow the prompts. In the email please put "forCustomerquot; so they know whom to forward the pictures to. I look forward to helping you.

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 10 months ago

Just wanted to check in and see if you were still interested in having me review and evaluate your rocking chair. I am always happy to help.

Please attach a few photos of the chair for review one overall shot, a clear close up of any markings on the chair or names and a a photo of the corners to see the joints. I appreciate your help and these will help in giving you accurate information and value. To post here click on file upload , add files or the paperclip button and follow the prompts. In the email please put "forCustomerquot; so they know whom to forward the pictures to. I look forward to helping you.