Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large roll top antique beautifully refinished

Customer Question
I have a large...

I have a large roll top antique beautifully refinished trunk. I need to sell it and have no idea its value

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a large roll top antique beautifully refinished trunk. Need to sell and have no idea of its value

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The inside is lined

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/8/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 11 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. By chance can you post a few photos here of the trunk ? I would like to see the overall trunk, a close up of any names or markings on the trunk, the inside of the trunk and the measurements of this trunk. This all helps in me giving you accurate information and a value.

To post here click on add files, file upload or the paperclip button and follow the prompts. To send by email send to ***@******.*** and int he email please put " for ladytanya65" so they know whom to send the photos on to. I look forward to helping you. Thank you

I have never done that before. I would have to get help in completing that procedure. Would I have to pay again to finish these appraisals?
I will Just have to stop this procedure due to time and cost. Didn't know it would be so involved. Thank you

Hi it does not cost anything more to post or send photos and I can wait for the photos there is no problem. If you can describe the trunk= size, color and if there any markings or names? I can give you more information and a general estimate on value without photos also if that is easier. I understand it can be overwhelming when first posting here. You do not need to worry about the time it takes I am happy to help. You only pay the one fee for working here within our post and there are no additional fees to add photos or the amount of time we spend on this. I hope this helps just let me know if you would like to proceed.

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 10 months ago

Hi I was just checking in if you had had a chance to post photos I am happy to help you on this item and evaluate it.