Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a 12 foot by 6 foot Brunswick Balke billiard table,

Customer Question
We have a 12...

We have a 12 foot by 6 foot Brunswick Balke billiard table, solid oak, came from a pool hall in Calgary owned by a Mr. Ross. What is it worth?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

When we purchased it in 1987 from a descendant of Mr. Ross, he said it came from Calgary, then sold to a pool hall in Ponoka, then to a pool hall in Hobbema, then to the descendant. It has been restored, and is very alive and true when played on. It takes 3 men to carry one slate. It is beautiful.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The legs, eight of them, are directly below the edge of the table, and are

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/8/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora