Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I was wondering how much a signed block print by Mayhew, The…

Customer Question
I was wondering how...

I was wondering how much a signed block print by ***** ***** Mayhew

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The painting is by ***** ***** Mayhew it is called Lincoln. It is a rural landscape print of Lincoln, New Mexico. It is a limited print of 90 signed by the artist. One of these prints is in the New Mexico Museum of Art. ***** ***** Mayhew moved to New Mexico in the mid-1970’s, arriving on a bicycle from Washington D. C. Before settling in Albuquerque, he lived in Cuba and Clayton, where he had lived as a child. After fifteen years as a professional printmaker, an illness caused Mayhew to switch his media to pastel and watercolor drawings.
Award- Frederick O'Hara print Award offered by the Museum of New Mexico for outstanding printmaker exhibiting in the show

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is all the information I have right now.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/7/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora