Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was wondering how much a signed block print by Mayhew, The

Customer Question

I was wondering how much a signed block print by ***** ***** Mayhew
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The painting is by ***** ***** Mayhew it is called Lincoln. It is a rural landscape print of Lincoln, New Mexico. It is a limited print of 90 signed by the artist. One of these prints is in the New Mexico Museum of Art. ***** ***** Mayhew moved to New Mexico in the mid-1970’s, arriving on a bicycle from Washington D. C. Before settling in Albuquerque, he lived in Cuba and Clayton, where he had lived as a child. After fifteen years as a professional printmaker, an illness caused Mayhew to switch his media to pastel and watercolor drawings.
Award- Frederick O'Hara print Award offered by the Museum of New Mexico for outstanding printmaker exhibiting in the show
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: That is all the information I have right now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora