Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a antique ferguson 7796 or 7798 coffee table that is…

Customer Question
I have a antique...

I have a antique ferguson 7796 or 7798 coffee table that is as good as new. how do I determine the value ?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has four legs with a oval top that has a glass panel on it. The two oval ends have a lattice like wooden section. This came from a very old estate several years ago.The top of the legs have a craved leaf on them.The table is 34 inches wide and 17 inches high.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That all I can think of. On the bottom it has Ferguson onit and some numbers 7796 or maybe 7798.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/7/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hello Please send images at your convenience

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora