Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a ceramic oriental head pillow of a man that is also…

Customer Question
I have a ceramic...

I have a ceramic oriental head pillow of a man that is also a box. I bought it about 30 years ago at a decorator center in Dallas. I don't see any markings on the bottom, there is a square indention like something may have been there. It's a gorgous piece but thinking about selling it and don't know what it is worth. It's about 18"long and about 10" high. Any ideas or is there a way I could send you a picture?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The head is a bald man, very detailed face, painted in greens, pinks and a rusty orange color. Man's fee is at the end and has slippers on that looks like a cat's face.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/7/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris