Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

U, We have a full bottle of chianti in a wrought iron ornate

Customer Question

U
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We have a full bottle of chianti in a wrought iron ornate bottle holder with rose shaped glass holders and would like to have it valued.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: One of the glass holders has come off and needs to be welded back on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought I was paying $5 for questions/answers. I have been charged $67 and am certainly not prepared to pay that fir simple advice! I have been conned and want my money back!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry about the confusion re payment. I'll contact PayPal. The Chiani bottle is at least 50 years old. It comes in a wrought iron stand with leaves and roses to put glasses in. One of the roses has broken off and needs to be welded back on. Please see photos. Thanks, Nicole.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a 1965 to 1970 bottle of Chianti in decorative twist neck green bottle

with wrought iron glass holder representing a floral vine, the petals being the glass holders.

The Chinti was bottled in Italy and was imported by the Australian company Cantarella Brothers,

who started in 1947 importing wine from Italy and is now still in business as Vittoria Food and Beverage Company.

The Chianti would not be good to drink as most red wines have a shelf life of 3 years at the most.

The empty bottles are sold as decorative pieces, however. The bottle and holder has a value of $AUD80 to $AUD100.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Gumtree.com, Traderoo.com, Quicksales.com, OZtion.com, ALLBIDS.com, BidMate.com, or Ebay.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I do hope my answer helped you.
If we are done here, please click the stars for me so that the site will credit me (separately from what you pay)
for answering.

If you are on mobile, scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit.