Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I recently purchased an antique Champion Parlor Stove No.

Customer Question

I recently purchased an antique Champion Parlor Stove No. 19. I am looking for some help on how to restore it myself.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I believe it's called the "belly", or the black sides, has been replaced as well as a catch on the bottom. Everything else seems to be original. The metal trim is starting to rust on one side, but it seems superficial. The doors to the inner chamber are quite rusty. The rest seems to be in fairly good shape.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have searched the Internet but have been unable to find another No. 19. I wondered if it is as valuable as the No. 14.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora