Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have.a very old tapestry, I have what I thought was a very…

Customer Question
I have.a very old...

I have.a very old tapestry

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have what I thought was a very old tapistry bit not sure l. It has some kind of beading. And is s picture of roses but the flowers are puffy. You can see s every petal.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I can't think of anything right now

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/6/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Puffy tapestry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can someone be able to give me info on my email.***********
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you receive picture of item
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

I see you have requested a new expert. Please add images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We did send picture

There are no images showing here on this end.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you receive picture

There are still no images showing on this end.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a note saying that I have an unclaimed offer. Bit it will not let me see. Please can you help me

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I played the 5 and the 45 dollars. I checked the bank. Can someone help me with this. Please call me. ************

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is an unclaimed offer? It will not open
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am waiting for a response

You would need to contact customer service in regards ***** ***** message you received for an offer. I an assess the value of your item by seeing images, please.

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nora what is an unclaimed offer. It will not open for me

I really do not know. I provide values, I do not work directly within the company. You would have to contact their customer service.

~Nora

Thank you for the image.

What you have is actually an embroidered needlepoint work with stumpwork, or 3d and mixed media elements. This is done with needle and thread and the bead materials. A tapestry is woven with a warp and a weft on a loom.

The framing dates this to the 1st half of the 20th century.

On today's market, you could garner up to $225 for this.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora