Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Trying to get Water Pitcher(Pot) appraisal. Marking half…

Customer Question
Trying to get Water...

Trying to get Water Pitcher(Pot) appraisal. Marking half crescent by Crescent Silver MFG CO S.P.N.S. Probably from the mid-1800`s to late 1800`s. Good Condition with appro.x. 4 in. straight crack on removable lid.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Heightt about 11 inches from bottom to top of lid.Design around base bottom and beneath picture spout around picture.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Looks similar to tea pot pictured on site. Found in resale shop for $5.00.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/31/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the pitcher.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

I was not advised of a $48.00 charge to my master card. Under the impression I would get an answer with a $5.00 refundable fee. I have no need to have an appraiser other than this 1 time. No need for your monthly service. If this is not acceptable, please advise.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris

Were you able to clear up the charges?

If so, we can proceed here. Please send photos of the pitcher as well as the marks on its bottom. To do this, you can use the ADD FILES link near the SEND link in your reply box.

Kind regards,

Doris

Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Were you able to clear up the charges?If so, we can proceed here. Please send photos of the pitcher as well as the marks on its bottom. To do this, you can use the ADD FILES link near the SEND link in your reply box.Kind regards,Doris