Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a Dulceola Reg Nos 347554 & 299602 and has a plaque.

I have a Dulceola Reg...
I have a Dulceola Reg Nos 347554 & 299602 and has a plaque. This is the floor model, not the Junior that you addressed about a year ago (today is 23 Aug 2017).
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: This particular model has a label "39 Reform Street, Dundee", which is today a photo shop. Was is manufactured there or just sold there? Is it from the 1920-30 era or earlier?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The cabinet is in "Fair" shape. The spindle makes a slight, off balance sound.
8/23/2017
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I've been an appraiser of musical instruments for 28 years, and am the President of the Association of Online Appraisers.

At your convenience, please upload clear pictures of your Dulceola and the plaque. If you need help uploading photos, I can help.

This is a floor model. It's cabinet is "fair" condition but looks nice if you step back. A tag inside say "39 Reform Street, Dundee". That's in Scotland and that space is now a photo shop. What else do I need to tell you so I can get an appraisal?
The phone call sounds like a rip off. Just do the texting I paid $5 for.

Please upload the photos I requested. Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures! You have cleared up my questions.

Your Dulceola gramophone was made in the 1920s. The address on Reform St. is the retailer.

If it is in excellent working condition and very good cosmetic condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your Dulceola is approximately $1,125. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $450, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please let me know if you'd like me to explain or expand on any of the above, I would be glad to.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.
Thank you so much!

Best wishes,

Judith-on-Antiques

Judith-on-Antiques

Thanks for your positive rating!

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques

Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques