Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Balink oil on canvas painting that I would like to…

I have a Henry...

I have a Henry Balink oil on canvas painting that I would like to get a value on. It has some cracking of paint, measures about 20x20" not including the frame.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Balink is a New Mexico artist & paints a lot of native american indians, died in 1963. This painting is of an Indian flute player. I bought it at an auction.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Its signed, framed in carved wood in gold.

8/23/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Henry Balink oil painting, painting size is 16x20". Frame size is 27x31".
1503463136493199060047.jpg1503463...jpg1503463175831180588466.jpg1503463...jpg1503463218957-1569807057.jpg1503463...jpg1503463235872644436864.jpg1503463...jpg1503463269618-946098876.jpg1503463...jpg

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Ok thank you

Thank you for your patience. Your original framed oil portrait painting by Henry Balink (1882 - 1963) should carry a conservative estimate of $6000 - $8000 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thank you, ***** ***** do anything about the cracks?

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

If you are considering selling then I recommend leaving the work as-is.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora
What kind of antiques do you specialize in? Besides paintings, do you have other antique items that you specialize in? Just asking for future reference.

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I handle all fine art and decorative objects Renaissance through Contemporary.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora

For Nora, thank you for the info, I was very pleased with your service.

You are very welcome, I specialize in Fine and Decorative Art, Renaissance through Contemporary. ~Nora