Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

8/22/2017
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi! I hope you're doing well.

.

I'll be glad to take a look.

~Diana

Hi.

.

This set was made by Gold Standard. They were a Japanese based dinnerware company around the 1960s. They weren't around long and were one of the many companies that sort of came and went in Japan following WWII. Very few patterns have actual names and most just have number codes that have been given to their patterns by replacement sites. Most sites call your pattern GST1. It's a scalloped pattern that features pink flowers and gray scrolls.

.

Here's a breakdown of your pieces:

.

16 dinner plates - $10 to $15 each
16 cup & saucer sets - $8 to $12 each
16 salad plates - $5 to $10 each
16 bread/butter plates - Those should be bread/butters. - $4 to $8 each
16 bowls - - Likely soup bowls - $10 to $15 each
2 round serving bowls - $30 to $45 each
1 oblong serving bowl - $20 to $30
1 soup tureen - $45 to $60
1 gravy boat - $25 to $35
1 sugar bowl - $20 to $25
1 creamer - $15 to $20
& what appear to be 4 tiny plates of some type - I think those are the coasters. Those are worth about $4 to $8 each

.

As a set, it should be worth about $650 to $850

.

You'll get more by breaking the set up, but you'll likely either wind up stuck with a few pieces or it will take much longer to sell. Like with your other set, I wanted to make sure you knew the value both ways so you could decide for yourself. I

.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
Have a great day!
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Diana F.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser