AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have an old ladies watch and I'm not sure if it's worth

I have an old ladies watch and I'm not sure if it's worth anything. Can you tell me how too find out how to get the value, assuming there is any value to it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Well, it's an Elgin watch. Very dainty. It has jewel-like butterflies, one at the top of the face of the watch and one at the bottom. The back if the watch has 14k on it. This would be white gold.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Only that the band stretches and slips over the wrist. The band (closest to the face of the watch on each end also has a bit of jewel embellishment on it. These are possibly very, very small diamonds.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here are the photos. One of the front and one of the back.

Thanks! This is a mid 20th century Elgin 14k white gold ladies' watch with diamond chips and stretch band.

The current resale value would be approximately $300 - $400.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer