Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Thank you for being up so late/early. I recently acquired 2…

Good morning! Thank...

Good morning! Thank you for being up so late/early. I recently acquired 2 Artist Proof prints by Rae Mahaffey. The art form is called vitreography and she was personally selected to bring the art form to the Pacific NW.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I do know, from emails from the artist, they were originally purchased in 2001 at The Laura Russo Gallery in Portland, OR for $600/ea.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

They have be verified by the artist that the two prints from a series and the two that I have are Variation #3 and Variation #4. I have photos of the prints as well as the emails from the artist. I'm just curious of the value to see if I need to insure them or not.

Thank you for all your help! I truly appreciate it!
Steve
Email 1.docx
Email 1.docx
20170713_133828 - Copy.jpg2017071...jpg20170713_133903 - Copy.jpg2017071...jpgVariation #3.jpgVariati...jpgVariation #4.jpgVariati...jpg
8/21/2017
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Thank you, Robert.

Once moment while I review all the information

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 800-1,200$ for each print.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

rusufdavi