Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

HOW MUCH DID THE ORIGINAL PAINTING "MISCALCULATION" BERSTEIN…

HOW MUCH DID THE...

HOW MUCH DID THE ORIGINAL PAINTING "MISCALCULATION" BERSTEIN BY CHUCK OBERSTEIN SELL FOR?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I HAVE AN ORIGINAL OIL PATING THAT CHUCK OBERSTEIN DID FOR THE PLATE "PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS". ANY IDEA WHAT IT MAY BE WORTH.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

THE PLATES WERE PRODUED BY HACKETT AMERICAN FOR THERE "WORLD OF CLOWNS" SERIES IN THE 1980's

8/20/2017
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Chuck Oberstein (December 18, 1935 – May 8, 2002) was an American painter, best known for clown paintings.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 8,000-14,000$.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

I have an original oil painting by Chuck Oberstein. It is called "Penny for Your Thoughts". the painting is on a 19.5" canvas and the frame is 35.5 x 29.5. The art work was done or Hackett American for their series "World of Clowns" in 1983.

The value will be in the range of 7,000-10,000$ for the Penny for Your Thoughts painting.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

rusufdavi