Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

We have a pastel painting by Zuppke. This framed drawing

We have a pastel painting...
We have a pastel painting by Robert Zuppke. This framed drawing hung in the living room of my parent's home for several decades (as long as I can remember, I'm 71).
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The pastel was given to my parents, David and Ann Rankin of Lafayette IN.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: My father was the track coach at Purdue Univ and knew Robert Zuppke. The paintings by Zuppke that I've been able to see online appear to be oils. This one is chalk.
8/20/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Robert C. Zuppke (1879 - 1957)

is a listed artist from Minnesota and Illinois known for

painting, pastels and football (he was a football coach).

This piece looks to oil pastels. The value of this piece

is $500 to $600 based on recent sales of his work.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares