Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I bought this print at an antique store. It has been in a…

Hello, I bought this print at...
I bought this print at an antique store. It has been in a glass frame, but I just removed the print from the frame today. Do you know anything about the artist and value?
Thank You
Ronda Scalise
14inches high
10.75 inches wide
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/20/2017
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Can you provide the artist name?

Thanks

I have searched for EC Elaud, EC Flaud, EC Elaudl, EC Elaud.... but i was unable to find a suitable artist. Can you inspct the back of the prints to see if there is some kind of label or mark?

Sorry for the delay. Yes I will.
I did a google search by image. I think I found it....http://www.darvillsrareprints.com/Vintage%20calendar%20poster%20florals%20large%203.htm
The print is in the 4th row down, in the middle. The artist is W.E. Powell. W.E Powell was an English artist, born in London in 1885, possibly 1878. He was largely self taught as an artist, rendering scenes of hunting and fishing, some being used as calendar illustrations. He enlisted in World War I and lost both legs in the Mesopotamian campaign and was awarded several citations for bravery. He did his art work propped up in bed after he loss his legs in the war.
I am going to assume the picture is worth about 50.00 or less. I bought it because I thought It was lovely.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 200-300$ for a WE Powel Print. I took the prices from the following link. I pay a considerable fee to see the prices from that website and provide the accurate value which is calculated following a standard formula based in population of similar items that yours.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

rusufdavi
Thank You!