rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a antique mantle clock, I call it a mantle

I have a antique mantle clock, I call it a mantle grandfather clock. I would like to get it appraisal on and find out its age if possible.

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Can you provide a picture of the clock?

Also, can you check the dial of the clock to check the manufacturer of the mantle clock and/or if there is written a serial number?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Robert,I am uploading photos of the clock. I wish there was any real way to identify it. The actual label is faded and peeled off long ago as you can tell in the photo of the back, you can see where the label once was. I looked and did not see any other visible manufacturing marks such as company logo's or anything. Which I do know will make it even harder to give a accurate appraisal if any.
I have been told it has been in our family for over 40 or more years, and possibly came over from Italy or Germany with my great grandmother, my grandmothers memory is a bit fuzzy on that part and is not 100% sure which country.

You have a E. Ingraham Ocean Line Gingerbread Mantle Clock line. The clock was manufacturer in the early 1900s, however the exact manufacturer data can only be supplied with the original tag. Such kind of mantle clocks did not come with any kind of marks in the dial of the clock.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 150-250$.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks a lot Robert! I appreciate your time!