Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I just bought a soup tureen (I think). It says...SYDNEY,

I just bought a soup tureen (I think). It says...SYDNEY, B.R.C.L., DEVON. Could you tell me it's value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I think, it is flow blue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There r no chips or cracks. It measures around 9 1/2" x 5 1/2" x 3. There is a lid but no laddle and it came with a separate oval plate

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The beige on the tureen is from the beige tap they used to keep the lid on (I think)

This is an English flow blue soup tureen with under plate in the Sydney pattern made by

Bovey Tracey Pottery Company Limited of Devon, England, this mark

with the word Ltd on the end dates the tureen to 1905 to 1935.

This set has a value of $125 retail.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

You are so welcome.
If you would like to use me on any future questions,
put ForCustomerOnly in the text of your question to get me again.
I respond to requested questions first.