Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

How do I get a bedroom set from 192o/1940 appraised

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Are there labels inside any drawers or anything written on the back of either piece?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately no I couldn't find any
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just noticed my question did not read properly. I'm trying to sell this bedroom set and I'm curious how much I should ask for it.

That is fine.

Am I correct that the set consists of just the vanity and the long dresser?

Those were the only two photos.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I send five photos. I have a tall dresser, a long dresser, and vanitywith a chair and a bench seat

This is a 1930 waterfall vanity and long dresser with mirror

made with mixed veneer over hardwood

with original brass hardware. The vanity seat has

an upholstered seat and caned back. Most furniture companies in the US

made this style in the 1920-1940 time period with the waterfall vanity shape pinpointing

the date closer to art deco styling of the 1930's.

The vanity and chair have a value of $150 as a set

and the dresser with mirror has a value of $200.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

The tall dresser has a value of $300.