Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a set of what I believe to be vintage lithographs or

chromolithographs of 1910s women's JA: Don't...
I have a set of what I believe to be vintage lithographs or chromolithographs of 1910s women's
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They are numbered M 6109 etc, with each model named. Jessie. Ilma. Delia, etc. the copyright is B&B
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: My dad was an antique dealer and he obtained them in a box of other stuff at an estate auction in NW PA
8/18/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

Can you send pictures of this, the B & B is for Brown & Bigelow.

Glenda

There are three more, but these should give you an idea. What are they? Lithographs? I'm curious as to whether they were from the calendar, A McCalls catalog? I've had him for 20 years and been afraid to matte and frame them because I didn't know what they are.
IMG_0725.JPGIMG_0725.JPGIMG_0724.JPGIMG_0724.JPGIMG_0723.JPGIMG_0723.JPGIMG_0719.JPGIMG_0719.JPGIMG_0720.JPGIMG_0720.JPG

Hello

Yes, I have seen these before, they were from the early 1900's. What size are yours?

Glenda

They're about the size of a business envelope, approx 4x9.

Thank you, ***** ***** look up the value be right back

The whole set is as follows:
M6101 Beatrice
M6103 Delia
M6106 Gertrude
M6107 Helen
M6108 ILMA
M6109 Jessie
M6110 Kathryn
M6111 LaviniaSince I'm just shy of 12, I have been guessing they were calendar Lithographs. I'm actually more interested in finding the missing ones then selling these. Though I am curious as to what they're worth, as I don't want to do anything to depreciate (by having the matted and framed, for example) if they have decent value.

Hello

I can value them for you but I do not know where you would find them, other then just shopping all the sites on the internet, putting what you are looking for in google. I have what they are worth from past sales but no way to know where to find them.

Glenda

That's fine. Just knowing what to call them will help me search. I have been googling variations of what I thought they might be, but have never been able to find one like any of the ones I have. If you can tell me the value and what they're called/what they are, I will be overjoyed.

.

They are called Vintage Fashion Plates, produced by Brown and Bigelow, it is important to search by their name when looking.

.
This is your answer, please read before rating.

Policy: Rating for the Appraiser is for the professionalism of the Appraiser, it is not for the value of the item (Appraisers have no control over values, we do not set values. We simply report them.) It is not for any issues due to the site policy or procedures. Appraisers do not work for the site, we are independent working for ourselves, ratings allow us to continue to work on the site answering customers questions.
.
The Vintage Fashion Plate early 1900's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $40.00-45.00 each each, if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $30.00-35.00 each, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $45.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $45.00 each.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Thank you so much, Glenda. I expected that that was the approximate value, as they weren't signed items. But just knowing what they're called may help me find the missing pieces. My dad passed away in 2003, but he was more of a furniture guy than anything else. Where do I give you stars?
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser