Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

FOR RAREWARES ONLY: This paperweight is 4.25 inches, 2.75…

FOR RAREWARES ONLY:This paperweight is...
FOR RAREWARES ONLY:This paperweight is 4.25 inches long, 2.75 inches wide, and about an inch tall. It weighs 12.5 ounces.I think it's made of glass. It certainly isn't lucite or plastic. There is a paper -- which you can see from the bottom of the weight -- at the bottom which has on it the advertisement which is magnified from the top.Can you tell me anything about it?
Paperweight.01.jpgPaperwe...jpgPaperweight.03.jpgPaperwe...jpgPaperweight.02.jpgPaperwe...jpgPaperweight.04.jpgPaperwe...jpgPaperweight.05.jpgPaperwe...jpg
8/18/2017
Angela--Mod
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Thank you for your patience.
Best,
Angela
Moderator
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you for the photos. I will work on this and get back to you today.

You will get an email when I respond.

This is a circa 1910 glass advertising paperweight

for marine paints. CA Woolsey of New Jersey has been in business since 1853

and still makes marine paints. It was common for businesses to give these paperweights

away as promotional items from 1905 to 1920 with ads or photos encased in the rectangular glass.

This one has great graphics and is valued at $40 retail.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares