Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I own a Rinze Hamstra pen and ink and colored pencil signed

Customer Question

I own a Rinze Hamstra pen and ink and colored pencil signed and dated 1971. 36"H 47"W Gold frame 57"W &48 H. I've only been able to find as far back as 1946 but nothing after
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The type I would say is a greek mythological crowd scene w/ bldg.s and the main up front is a man looking straight on and a women on either side of him and one is bearing her breasts, At first glance I thought it very typical of the early 70's
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The male figure which is bare chested seems to be standin in front of a waist height wall w/ inscription "DOMINE QVID ME VIS FACERE and the artist is Dutch
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora