Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old tea set that was painted by a geisha before…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old tea set that was painted by a geisha before 1932. it is silk main center round cloth with 6 or 8 smaller ones..I am thinking it was for a ceremonial tea. I also have all of the paper work with sending it to usa . Duty and sale info (1932 time frame). I would like to have some idea if it is valuable or not

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I also have thie original folder it wss packed in . It was given to me about 65 years ago.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You were to take only to take $5.00 out of my account. If you take more out I will stop payment at my bank

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help