Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a rocking chair I purchased from an estate sale many…

Customer Question
I have a rocking...

I have a rocking chair I purchased from an estate sale many years ago. It was thought, a the time, that it was German in origin. It looks like a large boston rocker type with arm rests, hand carved, dark stain, with paintings of birds that look like they could be robins and cherries. I've been unable to find any pictures of any similar to it. Have you seen anything like this? Value?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Actually, the bird is not a robin. It could be a tanager or a cardinal. It is sitting on a branch eating berries or cherries.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda