Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Victor Safe made in Marietta, Oh. I would like to

Customer Question

I have a Victor Safe made in Marietta, Oh. I would like to sell it. Can you give me an estimate of value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I am the second owner of the safe. I got in in 1972. I have what I think is the original combination. I can't find a date on the safe. Can you help me?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's original color is Green.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took a picture with my iphone but I don't know how to post it
Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

If the pictures are on your phone, you can email them to your own email address.

Then you can go to your laptop. desktop or tablet to receive the email. Then save the attached pictures to your hard drive or where ever you usually save your pictures.

Come back to this thread on your computer.

Then follow these instructions.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The picture I took won't help. The safe has been painted black. It is the standard size Victor Safe.
Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

Please give me a few minutes.

Expert:  Doris replied 2 months ago.

See the following image. Please tell me if your Victor Safe looks like this floor safe.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not my safe. The hinges and size are the same. My safe has a ball on the handle and a plate that says VICTOR SAFE MARIETTA OHIO USA