Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Victor Safe made in Marietta, Oh. I would like to…

Customer Question
I have a Victor...

I have a Victor Safe made in Marietta, Oh. I would like to sell it. Can you give me an estimate of value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I am the second owner of the safe. I got in in 1972. I have what I think is the original combination. I can't find a date on the safe. Can you help me?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's original color is Green.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/6/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took a picture with my iphone but I don't know how to post it

If the pictures are on your phone, you can email them to your own email address.

Then you can go to your laptop. desktop or tablet to receive the email. Then save the attached pictures to your hard drive or where ever you usually save your pictures.

Come back to this thread on your computer.

Then follow these instructions.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The picture I took won't help. The safe has been painted black. It is the standard size Victor Safe.

Please give me a few minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is not my safe. The hinges and size are the same. My safe has a ball on the handle and a plate that says VICTOR SAFE MARIETTA OHIO USA