Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have some beautiful Doezema pieces, and I'm looking to…

Customer Question
I have some beautiful...

I have some beautiful Doezema pieces, and I'm looking to sell. Hate to part with them, but we're downsizing. Can I get a value on them, and where would I advertise to sell?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a dining room set with four one-foot wide leaves stored inside , six side chairs, two arm chairs. The chairs were all recently reupholstered, complete with nailhead. All is in almost excellent condition. Can I send pictures?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

There's also a long credenza with two good size drawers and two shallower silverware drawers, lined to resist tarnishing on the silver.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/6/2017
Antique Expert: Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions replied 6 months ago
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s, UK. Doezema has made some outstanding pieces of furniture and while I understand your reluctance to part with them I can at least assist you with attributing a realistic fair market value once you've had a chance to upload a couple informal photos of the suite.

Have you ever submitted photos to this system before? If not, here's a few pointers:

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper-clip"icon found in the toolbar you see on your reply page, .jpeg and .jpgs formats work best. An additional explanation of this method can be found here

If this is not working to your satisfaction, then please call the JustAnswer help service desk directly @1-***-***-****.

I look forward to assisting you,

Erin-Marie

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur