Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

As well! I have an old painting with a stamps the back and a…

Customer Question
Hello My name is...

Hello My name is ***** ***** well!

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have an old painting with a stamps the back and a number 18-12 on the edge. The artist is w currie

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It has varnish on it and has to be very old coming from my great great grand fathers house.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/5/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR-

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

********************
I do not normally participate in the extra charge phone call services. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send the pop-up ad/offer.

********************

I need to see photos and know the size to give an accurate answer.

A phone call would not be appropriate to meet those needs.

Kind regards,

Doris