Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Am looking to find out the value for a Coalport Collectible.

Customer Question
Am looking to find...

Am looking to find out the value for a Coalport Collectible. It is a white figurine, very modern looking, of a couple dancing. It is marked, Extensions of Love, Entwined, 2003. Can you help me know it's value? Thanks.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The figurine man and woman have arms outflung and the total height is about 15" tall and about 12" wide.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/5/2017
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

That's a gorgeous piece. It's from the Expressions of Love series. That was a series of solid white abstract figurines that Coalport produced. The series includes such figures as: Devotion, Friendship, Captivate, Entwined, Encircle, Gift of Freedom, Two Hearts One Love, and Rejoice. It's a very beautiful, artistic looking series.

.

Entwined is worth about $60 to $80 in good condition.

.

I wish I could say it was worth a lot more, but the series is still fairly new. As time goes on and the figures get a bit more rare, the values should go up. Coalport figures have always been fairly collectible with prices going up over time.

.

If you are thinking about selling it, the price will vary a bit depending on the exact condition and where you try to sell it. For the highest value, a private sale will be your best bet. You want to reach the largest audience as possible. Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and GoAntiques are great online stores, but they generally have a store "setup" fee. It may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers. Etsy actually has some of the lowest rates currently. I would consider possibly selling with Rubylane or Etsy to start with.

.

You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. As far as Ebay goes, Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values are very unpredictable and often tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). The only downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great weekend.
~Diana