Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

Am looking to find out the value for a Coalport Collectible.

Customer Question

Am looking to find out the value for a Coalport Collectible. It is a white figurine, very modern looking, of a couple dancing. It is marked, Extensions of Love, Entwined, 2003. Can you help me know it's value? Thanks.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The figurine man and woman have arms outflung and the total height is about 15" tall and about 12" wide.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

That's a gorgeous piece. It's from the Expressions of Love series. That was a series of solid white abstract figurines that Coalport produced. The series includes such figures as: Devotion, Friendship, Captivate, Entwined, Encircle, Gift of Freedom, Two Hearts One Love, and Rejoice. It's a very beautiful, artistic looking series.

.

Entwined is worth about $60 to $80 in good condition.

.

I wish I could say it was worth a lot more, but the series is still fairly new. As time goes on and the figures get a bit more rare, the values should go up. Coalport figures have always been fairly collectible with prices going up over time.

.

If you are thinking about selling it, the price will vary a bit depending on the exact condition and where you try to sell it. For the highest value, a private sale will be your best bet. You want to reach the largest audience as possible. Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and GoAntiques are great online stores, but they generally have a store "setup" fee. It may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers. Etsy actually has some of the lowest rates currently. I would consider possibly selling with Rubylane or Etsy to start with.

.

You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. As far as Ebay goes, Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values are very unpredictable and often tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). The only downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great weekend.
~Diana