Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have my grandfather's stag antler zwilling J A Henckels

Customer Question
Hi Kim, I have my...
Hi Kim, I have my grandfather's stag antler zwilling J A Henckels carving set (knife, fork with stand, and sharpener) with sterling on each end of each handle, all with markings (twins). Can you tell me the worth and where I might sell them for the best price?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/5/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hi, my name is Glenda,
.
This is your answer please read entirely. Please rate after reading, thanks
.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The Stag antler Zwilling J A Henckels carving set has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $ 1***-**-****.00, if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $1***-**-****.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $2500.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $ 2500.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top right of the page.( scroll all the way back to the top of page ) Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda
.

Hello

Is there something else you need on this question? I see you are viewing my responses yet, you have not rated my answer. This is the only way we are paid by the site for answering questions. Is there something else I can do in order to get a rating? I would be happy to do it.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser