Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I bought a set of, I bought a set of Rosenthal china in 1969…

Customer Question
I bought a set...

I bought a set of

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I bought a set of Rosenthal china in 1969 in Germany when we were stationed there in the Army. I can't find the pattern on line. It is the Romanse china design, but the pattern was drawn in three shades of 14k gold. It's a delicate collection of circles and leaves with a single gold line about an inch inside the rim. How can I find information about this? I have a set of 12 place settings and serving pieces in unused condition. I paid $400 in 1969, and it was being sold for $1,200 in the US. It's my Mothers set, and I would love to sell it.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Some of the pieces are in original boxes marked Romanze Form 11250 Obere 4 nd 20 1007 Kontrollnumber 5

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/5/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.

Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.