Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Chinese, ivory carved, ornate Chess set. The larger…

Customer Question
I have a Chinese...

I have a Chinese, ivory carved, ornate Chess set. The larger pieces have several balls all carved from the outside I think. Probably 60-70yrs old along with a very nice ivory and wood case/play board. Can you give a low to high value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Some pieces broken ( 3-4 ) snapped where base attaches to figurine. Didn't want to attach until I knew the proper way to do it to keep value

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Can you send a picture of this?

Glenda