Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Memorial sent to the General Court at its session in New

Customer Question

Memorial sent to the General Court at its session in New Haven, March 2, 1775,.. In the winter, on March 2, 1775, fifty eight men signed a memorial to form themselves into a military company. Among the 58 signatures is Benedict Arnold (captain) Jesse Leavenworth (Lieut.) Hezekish Sabin Jun (Ensign) and William Lyon (clerk).. At that time, the General Assembly of the Governor and Colony of Connecticut was sitting in New Haven and made this memorial special business. On that same day, recognizing the importance and significance of this memorial, the General Assembly granted a charter to the Second Company Governor's Foot Guard. This document was engraved by L. S. Pundersoll, and published by E. M. Gorham. Published date not identified but the document is quite old..... It measures 12 1/2" wide X 19 " high..... Do you know the dat this was published? Thank you
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have an old document pertaining to Memorial sent to the General Court at its session in New Haven, March 2, 1775,.. In the winter, on March 2, 1775, fifty eight men signed a memorial to form themselves into a military company. Among the 58 signatures is Benedict Arnold (captain) Jesse Leavenworth (Lieut.) Hezekish Sabin Jun (Ensign) and William Lyon (clerk).. At that time, the General Assembly of the Governor and Colony of Connecticut was sitting in New Haven and made this memorial special business. On that same day, recognizing the importance and significance of this memorial, the General Assembly granted a charter to the Second Company Governor's Foot Guard. This document was engraved by L. S. Pundersoll, and published by E. M. Gorham. Published date not identified but the document is quite old..... It measures 12 1/2" wide X 19 " high..... Do you know the date this was published? Looks like hand made paper? Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello

MY name is Glenda

Can you tell me what you are needing exactly?

Glenda