Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Clearing out my parents condo, we have moved them 2x... they

Customer Question

Clearing out my parents condo, we have moved them 2x... they give us no info, making the time we devote multiply quickly. Long story short, I have 4 dolls and no idea about their age, origin, or value. Help please. I want to sell them so value is my 1st priority. My mom crafted and collected to the max. I want,no, I need my living space back. Can you give me a rough idea of their worth? I have early stage leukemia and my patience is worn thin. I could send pictures but as much as possible I would like to telephone... Tiny keys and stylus take way too long and sap disproportionate amts of my limited energy. Just saying what is. I have never been such a complainer but I have never been this handicapped before or had to live with all the decisions and paperwork of 4 people. Also
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Out of strength for now
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser for 28 years, and am the President of the Association of Online Appraisers.

So sorry to hear of your current situation. I hope things get batter for you as time goes on.

I really need to see your dolls in order to value them for you. Please take all the time you need - no rush - and upload pictures at your convenience. I need to see the dolls and any trademarks (which could be anywhere, including the back of the neck or under the wig or bottom of the foot or on the buttocks). I also need to know their heights and whether you have the original boxes.

Please do take all the time you need. When you have the information, just come back to this page.

Here is some help with pictures. Just choose the method that works best for you.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

As for phone calls, I usually don't do them because they add an extra charge to your bill and I can answer your question right here at no additional charge. Also, it's difficult to research and speak with you at the same time. Do you still want a phone call? I'll be happy to do a phone call with you, as long as you understand there will be an additional charge, and as long as I have your photos.

Please don't feel pressured. Just take your time and do this slowly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for replying. I will get you this info as soon as I can. P.S. if we deal strictly online, what can I expect to pay you... ballpark figure-not a contract. Patti Hamilton

Patti,

You wouldn't be paying me directly - you'd be paying the company. You should be able to see the amount at the top of your page. If it isn't there, please contact***@******.***.