Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have several plates that have a nome on the back. They…

Customer Question
I have several plates...

I have several plates that have a nome on the back. They just say Haviland and France on them. They are floral designs

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They have scalloped edges with a fine edging of what looks like gold. Paint maybe

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is about all i can tell. when i hold them up to a lamp , I can see the shadow of my hand thru them

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/5/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 6 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size are the plates in inches? Diameter, please.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

i don't have a way to send photos. I might be able to get someone tomorrow to take some and send them to you. the only thing on the back or the plates is Haviland with the word France under it
no, i will send pictures tomorrow. Thank you

There is no hurry at this end. Tomorrow will be fine.

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur