Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have my Mothers Effenbee doll, must around mid 1914 or so,

Customer Question
I have my Mothers...

I have my Mothers Effenbee doll, must around mid 1914 or so, she was born 1913. I plan to have her restored. How much should I insure her for when I send her in?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Her body is soft material, stained but pretty good shape. Her eyes open and close, arm, legs, face pretty bad

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I believe she is "bisque", real hair wig?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/4/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hi, my name is Glenda,
.
This is your answer please read entirely. Please rate after reading, thanks
.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The Effenbee Doll circa: 1914, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $200.00-250.00. I would insure her for 250.00 to 300.00
If you decide to sell her you can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top right of the page.( scroll all the way back to the top of page ) Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.