Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very old small wall clock. I find no identification…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very old small wall clock. I find no identification on it. Very much in need of repair. I am not looking for an appraisal, just identity of the type or maker and appx. year.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Since the owner of the clock ran a mercantile store in the late 1880's and early 1900's, I almost feel it may have been some sorta promotion item. The glass door is round and swings out on one simple hinge. It is a veneer. And outside the ring of time numerals there is another circle of numbers beginning with 1 and going to 31.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is totally about 24 inches tall, simple with no carving or decorative interests.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/4/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora