Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I looked for 2 wks I can't find my royal delft baluster vase…

Customer Question
Hi there I looked...

Hi there I looked for 2 wks I can't find my royal delft baluster vase online. It is marked with "Royal Deflt" symbol & NVW - CF I did see it in a Amsterdam art gallery but they refuse to reply email. Can you help? Barbara

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have a Royal Deflt baluster vase with a dog or something like it on lid. the inside of lid has initials, the bottom is marked with Royal delft symbol & letters NVW - CF. I saw one like it in 2 wks of searching in Amsterdam in a Art Gallery. They will not respond to my emails. It may not be worth anything but it's driving me crazy. I bought it for $1.00 Can you give me some lead? Thanks for any help - Barbara

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the vase is 12.60" tall & no. 706 flower design
8/4/2017
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Do you think you could post a picture of it?

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can send photo but need to scan it. How can I get you again?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

Hi Barbara.

I had to sign out for the night. Thank you for the picture.

.

Is there anyway you could send pictures of the marks? You really can't tell the date or anything like that from just a picture of the vase.

~Diana

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doris found the answers, I keep trying to talk to you but you were not there. Thanks for inquiring. Barbara W.

Hi Barbara.

.

I had been working since 9am that morning and it was after midnight. I did wait for over 30 minutes for you. I'm sorry you think I left you hanging or something like that.

.

Just so you know and for any future questions you might ask about, it's very important to have pictures of not only the pieces, but any and all marks on that piece. Without seeing marks it's nearly impossible to accurately date and value your pieces.

Best Wishes,

~Diana

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doris said you were really an excellent appraiser & I was tired too & thought if I told you the markings that would be enough + the pic. I looked for 2 wks & found 1 in Amsterdam but they wouldn't email me back. I'm pretty good at knowing what's collectible myself. I spotted the vase at Goodwill for 84 cents. I knew it was about $200.00 but had to know for sure. Take care & thanks again - Barbara

You too