Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a In Congress July 4th 1776 The unanimous Declaration

Customer Question

I have a In Congress July 4th 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America with a bunch of signatures on it to include ***** *****cock ***** ***** George Mythe ***** ***** etc.. How do I tell if it's an original document
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is some photos I took
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is one more

This a reprint of The Declaration of Independence, reprinted circa 1850 and folded at one time

for binding. This print under glass has a current value of $5,000 to $7,000 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi! Thank you for your prompt reply. How certain are you that this is a 1850 reprint of the document? How were you able to tell? How many prints were made? Are u certain it is worth $5,000 to $7,000 in it's present condition? A local antique dealer wrote me an email that they had no interest so I just wanted to verify that this document is authentic with you based on your observation of the photographs. It does have a very small tear in the middle of the document. Thank you for your assistance.