Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a full set of China from the late 1940's. It is

Customer Question
I have a full...

I have a full set of China from the late 1940's. It is marked "Mieto", "Made in Occupied Japan". I am told this is a collectible item, but have no idea of vallue. Can you point me in the right direction?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is a full 12 setting set with platters and serving bowls. I believe it is in good condition although it belonged t my parents and was used for family gatherings.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/3/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a few but can take more. Let me send you the few i have to start.

Great, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your original message said that it was a $5 charge but you charged me $5 and $43.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think i should end this communication before I go broke. Thanks!

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No i am done with you and your deceptive practices.

ok