Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a picture by Ito Hiko dated 1955, 20" x24" without…

Customer Question
I have a picture...

I have a picture by Ito Hiko dated 1955, 20" x24" without frame. How can I tell if it is reproduction vs water color (which was artist"s medium) Does it have value? Picture is in original frame and never been altered. I can find little info on this artist..

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have a picture by Ito Hiko dated 1955, 20x24" in original frame and untouched. Is this reproduction or watercolor? does it have value? can find little info on artist.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
8/3/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Ito Hiko (1903 - 2004)

is a listed artist from Japan

known for painting. Most of the work is watercolor and ink on silk

and this piece in this size would have a value of $800.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.