Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a piece of pottery from my sister; it is not an

Customer Question
I have a piece...

I have a piece of pottery from my sister; it is not an antique but I can't read the artists name but I remember her saying it was someone important in the pottery world. Where can I send a picture of the piece and the signature on the bottom for identification?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is in excellent condition. I can send pics

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm pushing send and the pics are not going rhrough
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh I guess they did
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you receive pics?

Hello

Yes I see them

Is the name signed across that blue area on the bottom?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is very hard to read, I can try a transfer on paper

That would be great. I have to run to the dentist at 10:30 but, will check this as soon as I return that will not be too long.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thank you

You are welcome, just do your paper rub, see what shows up some times, that really helps.

Glenda

Hello

Can you press a little harder with the pencil, on the one that is larger, that goes across the blue. I can almost see it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I put it under a bright light and move it around it looks like the first letter is a cursive "A", one or two letters then maybe a J or F, then another letter, the a "l", a letter and maybe a y

Ok, just try to press harder if you can.

Hello

Just wondering if you had any luck pressing harder with the pencil?
Glenda

Hello

I am sorry I just cannot make out what this says. That does not mean this cannot be valued, it can. We run into this all the time where artist do not sign where their signatures can be read. I am happy to look up the value for you, I will look at the art data bases for like items. If you like? If you can tell me what size this is?
Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm running out to check on a remodel and will be back later. I'll send them. Thank you!

OK