Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a planter peanut dish with three round at each end…

Customer Question
I have a planter...

I have a planter peanut dish with three round at each end and a square dish in middle with planter man, very good shape

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I am not sure but looks like the 40s I do have a photo if you like.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I can think of at this point but the style of the graphics will date it for sure, would you like a photo?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
8/3/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Thank you but how much is it worth?

This is why I am asking for photos. I need to see it before I can tell you its worth.

(I do not participate in the phone service or other offers).

Is there anything on the bottom of any of the pieces?

No

This is a vintage Mr. Peanut snack set with tray, bowls and Mr. Peanut

that dates to 1962 to 1980 when the character of Mr. Peanut was

in this form. The value of this set is $60 to $75 retail.

I will add a chart of the drawn character to show how he changed over the years.

Your version with the simplified squinting eye is post 1962.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.