Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a violin that looks over one hundred years old, you

Customer Question

I have a violin that looks over one hundred years old, you could read through the scene " Antonio Stradivarius .... 1722 how do I find an expert who can determine whether of not this violin is an original
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the violin I have in my possession has written on the inside " Antonius stradiuarius cremonensis faciebat 1722, I need this violin to be appraise to see if it is an original
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is in a case that looks like it is over one hundred years old and also it has two bows that looks very antique
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

This is not an original rare Stradivarius. These labels were placed as a marketing scheme and the violins were produced around 1900 and mostly in Germany. These sell for $100 - $300 on average.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora